Friday, March 5, 2010

Progress

These are updated photos of the Charles Street house. I was so excited this morning to see how things were coming along I almost forgot how much we still have to do (in 4 weeks).






These are the floors through most of the house. It's the old pine sub-floor (the floor that supports the actual floor material). Which in our case was an old parquet floor that was in bad shape. We gambled by pulling the whole parquet floor up and working with the pine. When I saw how great this floor looked after being sanded I almost didn't want it stained as planned.





... but then I saw it stained and got really excited because it looks amazing! Totally makes the whole place feel a lot more sophisticated.


2 comments:

chelsea b james said...

wowza

amanda james said...

that place is amazing. yes please! why can't houses be like that here??