Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brooklyn Lover

I have been trekking it around NYC for 4 days now - and all 4 nights I have come home utterly exhausted with swollen feet. So many things I would like to do it's hard to stop.

So today was another Brooklyn day - I tried tackling Atlantic Avenue because it has my most favorite antique shops, but blast! They're all closed on Mondays - I'm such a sucker. Here are a few of my favorites - some were open, some not.

City Foundry - CLOSED
So sad because they have my absolute favorite collection of over priced industrial lighting - ah shucks


Darr - OPEN!
I think it's perhaps the best edited antique shop ever - reminds me of Edward Allen Poe some how

What used to be Butter, now
Eva Gentry - OPEN!
Even though I liked the name Butter better (I wonder why, fat kid), but I do still obsess over the color palette in here - my ma would be so disappointed if she saw it too because it's got the most beautiful gradient of white to cream and black to gray. She's always given me a hard time for not wearing enough color.
Oh, I would give my first born for one of these leather clutches

Saipua - CLOSED?
They moved and I couldn't even find their new place which was tragic because I do love being in this shop and gushing to who ever is working at the time about just how much I love this shop. They're flowers are transformative - and the soaps just right

Erie Basin - CLOSED
So tragic, because I also just adore it in there

The good and the bad thing about these shops is that physically being there is sooooo much better than what any of their web sites offer, so you really need to go there in person to get the full effect. These shops come highly recommended by your truely


No comments: