Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Collecting & Displaying

What a lovely display of rocks, I'm glad I'm not the only one that treasures things like this



Beautiful Fishes - I would die for a collection and display like this one



Respectable way to show off your favorite things



mine!



This reminds me of the way I have my things.  I like the irreverence of having such beautiful things in an unconventional pile of a display.  The layers are so nice.



This is a wall of these beautifully decorative golden cubbies stuffed full of trinkets - I'm pretty sure I could fill walls and walls of cubbies like this with all my little things.  
I'm not sure if I'm proud of that or not.


Artfully crafted collection of framed images



I love the richness of the inky-black books 
with stark accessories & details loosely, yet carefully placed here and there




I love love love collections.  I have an affinity for keeping all sorts of little things to remind me of places, times, and all sorts of details - I guess you could say my blog is a collection of sorts.
These are some images from a book about collecting that I checked out of the library last summer.  I'm just now transferring them from my parents computer to my own.  So much to do, so little time.

No comments: